Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thoughts

Today I am not doing so well. I'm not doing badly, I just don't have any motivation and feel a little depressed. I have started my resolutions for this year. I made a Daily To Do List for myself. My list includes:
1. Read Scriptures
2. Exercise
3. Clean something
4. Writers Domain - (my at-home job)
5. Read to the Kids
6. Call Family
7. Play Active Wii Games

I also have a goal to lose thirty pounds by the end of June. Hopefully I can get this baby weight off.

Anyway, last night the kids did not sleep well, which means I did not sleep well.  When Noelle was first born she was a sleeping champ. Ever since she turned six months hold she wakes up more and more. The hardest part for me, is that since Morgan is the seminary teacher and gets up at 4:40am I feel like I can't let her cry it out at night. Morgan needs his sleep so he can get all of his work done.

Because of the rough night I turned my alarm off and slept in this morning. So I only got 1 chapter of scriptures read, rather than the usual five I am able to do. It also meant that I didn't get to do my exercises before it was time to get the kids ready for school. Now I am stuffing myself with left over Christmas candy. I need to clean my bedroom and finish putting away the Christmas boxes. I just don't have the motivation.
So, I'm writing here because sometimes when I write my negative feelings it helps me let them go so I can move on and do something else. Hopefully today gets better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you need to give yourself a little credit. I am lucky if I get ONE chapter of scriptures in with breakfast. My house is a mess and some nights I don't sleep well, either. And I don't have three kids waking me up. As for letting Morgan sleep, just invest in some earplugs. I hope your day gets better!

Teresa Larsen said...

I feel for you,I have been trying to lose weight also but I have found something that finally has worked. I started this diet since thanksgiving and I have lost 12 pounds. Where before I started this diet, I lost nothing but gained it. And I was exercising 5 days a week I'm sure you feel the same way. I started doing "the abs diet" it is amazing. I know it sounds like a info commercial but I wanted to share it with you because it has helped me so much!! It just teaches you to eat healthy and hey you get to eat 6 times a day. Plus doing strength training and cardio. Eric does it with me and he has seen the same results.
Other than that hang in there it does get easier.