Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Love Jillian Michaels

I got home from Christmas weighing a few more pounds than when I had left. I wasn't happy with my weight to begin with because I had not lost much of my pregnancy weight.

Cheyenne had told me about The 17 Day Diet that she was thinking of starting so I went to the library to check it out. While I was there I also decided to get a Jillian Michael's workout DVD.

I really like The 17 Day Diet. I have modified my own eating to be sort of following it. I just don't have the resources to buy the exact foods that he talks about, but we are eating a lot more salads and feeling healthier.

In the mornings I wake up at 6am to read my scriptures. After I'm done reading I like to exercise before the kids wake up.  I started doing the Jillian workouts and they kicked my trash. They were so difficult but I loved them! Since my first workout I've borrowed 2 others from the library and will go again tomorrow to get a new DVD. (I can only keep them for 2 weeks from the library.)

Previously I did a Leslie Sansome "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD. I've had this one for three years and I liked it. It was good, I felt like I was working out. Usually I would do the 2 mile or 1 mile workout. I just didn't have time to do a 3 mile. The problem was I felt that this was more for maintaining weight. I just wasn't loosing weight and that was really frustrating to me.
Plus after a really difficult arm movement or something Leslie will tell you that it is okay to stop with the arms, and just keep walking. That is fine, and when I first started exercising I liked it because I wasn't able to keep up.


Jillian on the other hand encourages me the way I need it now. I need someone to tell me that the workout is going to hurt and be tough. She often says that if you want a body like hers you have to work for it, it doesn't come for free. She reminds me that I am Strong and that I can do hard things.

Ever since I started my modified 17 Day Diet and my Jillian Michaels workouts I have felt better and lost about eight pound since Christmas. I'm hoping to lose a lot more before we head out to Utah in the summer.  I want to be a fit, healthy person. I'm tired of being overweight. And I am going to do the hard work to get the changes I want.




As a side note, I bought the Jillian Michaels 2009 Wii workout.  I Don't Like It one bit. I would not recommend getting it. The avatar doesn't follow your movements very well at all. That is too frustrating for me.  I am working as hard as I can and my person is barely moving. I cannot handle that visual difference. I'll give it a couple more tries but I am probably going to take it back to the store.

Now I know I need the real Jillian Michels and not some Wii workout junk.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

You can do it! You are amazing!