Friday, January 13, 2012

4 = 30

When does 4 inches of snow equal 30 inches of snow?  When you live in Iowa.  

Yesterday we got our first snow, the official count was three to five inches in Waterloo.  But because of the crazy winds that we get, there were drifts of 30 inches in some places.  I don't really understand it, it feels like that had to be more snow than that.

Picking Eli up from school yesterday was crazy!  I went a little bit early hoping I could get  spot in the (small) parking lot/pick up area. As I was driving up I saw that there were alot of spaces open, Horray!

Unfortunately I couldn't get in because other cars were blocking the entrance, I think that two of them may have been stuck.  I didn't want to stop traffic behind me so I drove around a different way.  On my way back I saw that cars were still stuck and blocking the drive.  So I continued around again.

The third time I came to the entrance of the parking lot there were people pushing the stuck car out of the way.  I was able to get into the parking lot and found a nice place to park.  Josh had fallen asleep amid all of my driving around and  I didn't want to get Noelle out.
I asked the principal (who is always outside when the kids get out of school) if she would just keep an eye on my van while I ran in the school to get Eli.  I hurried in got Eli and got out of that crazy mess.

Today the roads are a lot better.  It is nice to have snow, it makes it feel more like winter and it helps with the crops later on, but I am really glad that the roads are clear.

No comments: