Monday, July 25, 2011

Waste of 93 minutes

Morgan and I watched the 1976 film, Bugsy Malone. A gangster movie with only children (including Jodie Foster and Charles in Charge). I remembered watching when I was young at a friends house and really liking it.

There were two 'great' songs I remembered, My Name is Talulah, and Down, Down Down Down.

Anyway, I got the movie from Netflix and Morgan and I watched it last night. It was a waste of 93 minutes. Morgan said it made his Top 10 Bad Movies list which includes, Mr. Wrong, and Killer Clowns from Outer-Space.

Several things were terrible about the movie - I know the actors were portraying adults, but the stage dancers were WAY too immodest wearing the shortest shorts possible. All of the singing was done by adults...I think the kids could have done better. It was painful to listen to. Finally, the movie broke its own rule.
The gangsters killed each other with whipped cream pies, until one gang got a splurge gun to kill people with. It was made very clear that if you were shot in the face with the cream than you were a goner. At the end there is an all out 'war' and everyone gets shot in the face but they all live and end up becoming friends.

Bleh.

No comments: