Friday, July 8, 2011

Birthday and More

Josh, being the cute kid he is.

I don't know if you can tell, but Noelle's lips are sealed shut. She woke up like this one morning, somehow during her sleep her saliva hardens and seals her lips. Don't worry, though, she's able to work it open without too much trouble.


A Balloon story teller came to the library. Eli is in the blue shirt patiently holding his hand. He was called up, but then the guy realized he had too many kids so he sent Eli down and told him he'd pick him for another story. Well, that never happened, the guy wasn't able to see Eli again and thought he'd left. Eli was okay about it, but afterwards he came up to me with a big frown on his face. We were the last ones to leave because I had to get Noelle situated in her carseat/stroller.

Before we left I had Eli show me the funny dance they did. It was thumbs up, elbows back, feet apart, knees together, bottoms' up, tongue out, eyes closed. It was really hilarious.


The librarians asked about Eli's sad face and he told them the story. The Balloon guy was still there so he gave both of my boys a balloon, and as you can see, they were very happy.

Morgan went to help roof his parents house and I tried to have a game night. It didn't work out, there was an emergency room scare so the friend who came to the party went to stay with some kids while their mom took the baby to the hospital, another friend was going to be late, but her husband was the home teacher so I told her to stay with her kids because we didn't know if her husband would need to leave to give a blessing and the last friend got home from traveling and was too tired.

Anyway, the next night we did a re-do which was really nice and my friend Charity made me this Cinderella cake and Jamie brought some ice cream to celebrate my birthday. I got tears in my eyes to know they love me so much. It was just what I needed.

On my birthday we went down to Chillicothe for the weekend. Noelle got to meet her Uncle Pete for the first time.

Here's Noelle and Eli.

Morgan made me a home made Angel Food Cake that was amazing. The giant bowl next to it is whipping cream, one of two giant bowls I mixed together. It was a tad much. But Pete and Emily also made some homemade vanilla ice cream that was wonderful.


And here is our smiling baby. She is so cute and wonderful. She sleeps through the night consistently and she is smiling a lot more. Last night during family prayer she was smiling at Morgan and trying to 'talk' to him. I was a little distracted, but it was a wonderful moment.

I am really grateful for my friends and family and all of the love and support they give to us.

No comments: