Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Job Craziness

I am getting a new job. Hopefully. I have been hired as an independent contractor with a internet company called Boostability. I am very excited to start working for them and earning money for my family.

But it turns out that neither my home Mac or my laptop Mac are new enough to fit with the software that I need to download to do the work. Arg. I spent nearly 2 hours just trying to figure this stuff and and download the program. My eMac at home is 6 years old, I'm not sure about the laptop, because it was a hand-me-down.

In good news we think that Morgan's laptop will work. (His is a PC, and most applications work better with PC's than Macs - they just don't write for Mac.) We do need to get a new powercord for Morgan's laptop and then we can try it out and hopefully everything will work out and I can start my new job.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

That's exciting! It's always nice to have a little extra $$. I can't wait to hear more about it. Good luck with your computer problem, computers drive me crazy!

Cheyenne said...

Crazy! I didn't even know you were thinking about that :) Good luck!

Caity said...

Congratulations on your new job! I hope it all works out good with the computer.