Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Think I'm a Little Weird

As I was planning dinner for tonight I realized that I'm a little weird. I like to plan my meals so that we have left-overs for Morgan to take to work, but today I realized that I planned meals based on how quickly we would need to eat them, and how much time I would have to prepare them. Take this week as an example.

Yesterday I made Chicken Curry for dinner. Morgan and I had a Lamaze class to be to at 6:30 and we were feeding the missionaries. Curry is an easy rice and sauce meal that is filling and can be eaten quickly. Plus there would be left-overs.

Tonight I was going to make Zucchini muffins and sausage since we have plenty of curry for lunch tomorrow but I realized that Thursday Morgan and I have Marriage Strengthening course that begins at 6:30 so muffins would be a faster dinner that night.

So now my plan is a Spinach Quiche for tonight, zucchini muffins for tomorrow, curry for Morgan's lunches and Friday we'll pick something else off the list.


Sometimes I think I am a little weird about this whole "home-maker" thing, but it is just easier for me to be organized, have things planned out, and not have to stress about things as the moment comes.

So I AM a little weird, but it works for me.

4 comments:

Julie said...

If you're weird, then I am too. I NEED to plan out menus each week as well, and I always do it with a calendar in hand. Life just goes smoother when I can plan ahead and be organized like that.

I'm glad I found your blog. :)

Amy Lydia said...

I say do what works! And clearly it works because look at your gorgeous family! Love you!

Caity said...

That's called be awesome...not weird! I wish I were more like that but I am horrible at meal planning!

Caity said...

There wasn't supposed to be a be after called :)