Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Nauvoo

Saturday we went to Nauvoo. After Morgan and I did sealings Morgan stayed to help the youth with baptisms. So I decided to take Eli and Josh around historic Nauvoo to see some of the sites. We walked through the Garden of Women, checked out the visitors center and the bakery and then spent some time at the Family Living Center.

This was my first time (that I remember) going to the Family Living Center, and it was a lot of fun. They perimeter of the building is full with different demonstrations. We didn't have a whole lot of time so I didn't look at everything. We checked out the kitchen area, the candles, the weaver and the rope maker. We got to try some home-made bread. Take home some small candles, and Eli helped make a rope.

Watching the missionary turn the wheel to make a rope. And watching him tie off the end.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

Hey! Sounds like Nauvoo was great! I've been off line for a while so I just read about the hair dilemma. I like it Super short or Long.... I think the short bang with the longer hair would be adorable too, it helps with those blah ponytail days to have bangs to spice it up!