Friday, March 27, 2009

City of Ember

Morgan and I watched the movie City of Ember last night (another wonder Library movie). We enjoyed the movie. You may think I'm dumb, but after the movie as we were getting ready for bed Morgan was like, "That was a good name for the city. Ember really fits." I'm sitting there thinking, Ember??? what does he mean, then he continues and talks about how it is like the ember of a fire, and I realized I completely missed that. Apparently I don't camp enough anymore.

Back to the movie. We thought the casting was great, especially all of the supporting characters, I didn't have strong feelings one way or another about the leading man, but I loved the main actress. I had no idea that moles were such disgusting creatures. Granted this one was a mutant gianormous mole, but still.

SPOILER:::: (sort of)
I wasn't expecting most of the movie to take place in the city. I thought there would be more searching to find the way out, but once they knew what they wanted to do it was a pretty simple operation. Also, I was completely satisfied with the literary ending of tying up the loose ends. Throw a rock down the hold, and of course the boys Dad is the one to find it. Leading you to believe that he will be able to convince everyone else that they can make it out.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

You really need to read they book! It is so great, and there are 2 more in the series. I really enjoyed the story :)