Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Corner

Morgan and I were talking in bed last night, mostly about how I have been happier these past couple of days and how to keep that up. He mentioned that my blog isn't really mine, I don't really talk a lot about me...it is all about the boys. He's right. But my title is MY Little Corner, not the family blog or whatever, but this is where I get to talk about me. Narcisstic aren't I?

Anyway, here are some of the things that have helped me be happier (in no particular order).
#1. I changed the background of my blog to something happy and Spring-y. I usually try to follow the seasons and I was looking for a Valentine background, but when I saw this it just made me smile. So thanks to Shabby Blogs for bringing me some joy.

#2. I've started practicing the piano more. I love to play the piano. I'm not very good (because I don't practice). In fact it has probably been over a year since I played regularly, but I am working on being able to play all of the Children's Songbook songs. I thought about doing the hymns, but they are a little bit harder and I thought I would do something easier and then feel positive about getting it done. That way I won't give up.

#3. Exercise. I am feeling well enough in my pregnancy (and gaining too much weight) so I have started exercising again. Its hard, and I wish I found a program I liked a little better, but I feel good afterwards.

#4. Good Sunday. Morgan and Eli stayed home from church so Josh and I sat with a friend and Josh was very quiet. They shared their toys and snacks and I could listen to the talks, which were excellent. The talks focused on overcoming adversity. I liked how they mentioned overcoming the everyday stuff that brings us down. It was a good reminder that being joyful will help me overcome the everyday adversities in my life.

#5. Creativity. Elder Uchtdorf mentioned how women need to create and make things to stay happy. I've realized he is right and while I haven't started anything yet I have been planning on sewing more and working on scrapbooking stuff more. Right now most of my creativity goes into baked goods, which while delicious, are not helping my waist-line and general feeling of well-being because I feel guilty for eating so much.

And now I need to stop posting because my kids need direction so they will stop hanging on me. :0)

2 comments:

Jacob and Kimberly Palmer said...

I'm glad you've been feeling better :) I like what you said about creating and I think it is really true. I'm starting some creative projects and just thinking about it makes me happier. I hope you continue to feel good- good luck with the exercising I think that's awesome!

S. Green said...

For me my life is a lot of taking care of my kids (and when they are young, it is monotonous)...I found that doing my own things to develop myself did help me be happy. Fill your well, so that you can be a good mom! Good for you.