Thursday, June 25, 2009

Garage Sales

Last Saturday our neighborhood area was having a garage sale. We had some time in the morning so we decided to walk around and see what everyone had. We made out really well. We bought me a baseball hat (so I don't have to keep 'borrowing' Morgans.) We bought Eli an umbrella, and a sweet tractor. We got a couple of DVDs for $2 each. And finally we found a cedar chest.
I had told Morgan months, if not years ago, that someday I would like to have a large cedar chest for our bedroom. We were almost finished with the garage sale and noticed there was one more at the end of a cul-de-sac. I didn't want to go up there because we only had a quarter left. We went up and saw the cedar chest (also the tractor which we talked the lady into giving us for the quarter.) Anyway we talked about it and decided to buy the Cedar Chest as our anniversary present to ourselves. The chest itself is structurally sound although it does have some aesthetic problems, but I like it! :)

p.s. the chest does have a locking system so I'm pretty sure it will be impossible for Eli to open it himself (and climb inside) until he is at least 12.

Eli checking out the Cedar Chest
He wanted to lie down in it, so we agreed.


Eli and his umbrella


Eli driving his tractor


More tractor

5 comments:

Jamie Ortega said...

I love garage sales! A few girls in our ward and I went last Saturday and found lots of great stuff. My favorite find was a entree table or hall table for 10 dollars.

PetEm said...

I am a huge fan of garage sales! I love it when I find new stuff for cheap. :) Really I just love a bargain no matter where it is.

Rachelle said...

Sounds like some great finds! Exciting!

Hartson family said...

What a find! I love your new cedar chest. Garage sales are great!

Cheyenne said...

I love garage sales! Sounds like some great finds!