Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Used My Brain

Morgan went to Eli's parent/teacher conference last night because I wasn't feeling well.  Eli was doing great on all of his requirements except for one - to show your work.  The problem was this sheet below.  Eli was supposed to show his work on which set of cards had more.



He got the right answer, 9+4 is greater than 6+5.  But to show his work he drew a picture of himself, pointing to his brain and wrote "I used my brain."  


I loved it.  Morgan loved it, and even Eli's teacher loved it.  But, that wasn't what they were looking for.  But what is a kid supposed to do when his brain easily knows the answer to the question?  How do you know something?  I used my brain of course!

4 comments:

meghan said...

That is AWESOME!! I love it!!

jej said...

Yes, he is your child. :0) LOVE IT!

Sam and Amber said...

Thank you for sharing that. It made my day. -Sam

Amber said...

The most painful thing for me right now (after surgery) is to laugh. That just put me through a lot of pain. I blame Sam for making me read it.