Saturday, September 29, 2012

I just felt like posting tonight.  I have some pictures that I will post from our recent trip to Chicago, but I will talk about that more later.  (I will hopefully to it tomorrow...Sundays are a good day to update the blog.)

Anyway, life is going pretty well for me right now. I still have a lot of stress and things on my plate, but I feel very happy. I think a lot of that has to do with Morgan.

I am very blessed to have him as my husband. We are a good fit and very rarely argue. We have had some arguments and miscommunications this past week and we were able to work through them, talk about them and get past it.

My hardest part about getting upset is that I tend to dwell on the situation afterwards and I don't allow myself to get past it. I think it is my creative side thinking of my life as part of a story and how to make it better. Unfortunately I don't want to think of other things that I should have said in an argument, that is not helpful.
But I have realized that this week and when I started to dwell on an issue that was already resolved I told myself that I didn't need to think about that anymore. I try to forget our arguments. I don't want to know immediately what our last 'tiff' was about. I want to remember the last time we hugged and told each other that we love each other.

Tonight we went to a wedding for one of Morgan's coworkers. The DJ had all of the married couples come onto the dance floor to see who had been married the longest. At 11 years we were out of the running rather quickly.

However, I really enjoyed dancing with Morgan, even if Noelle was on my hip. He is a wonderful spouse and I feel so lucky to have him.

1 comment: