Saturday, August 11, 2012

Date Day

Today Morgan and I went on our weekly date. We went shooting at a local outdoor gun range. We both shot our pistols, Morgans .40 and my 9mm. It was a lot of fun. After we shot our handguns we moved over to the shotgun range. Morgan had me throw the clay pigeons. He is a really good shot.

Morgan did convince me to shoot the shotgun too. I was a little nervous about it, I think I have only shot a .22 before. I did one shot first, just to try it, and I survived. After Morgan shot more clay pigeons he gave me the shotgun with 3 shells in it. I managed to hit 1 one of the clay pigeons that he threw for me.

I had to take a break after that from shooting. The gun is really heavy and had a decent kick. Later I shot five rounds and hit 2 of the clays Morgan threw. We will definitely do that again.


Afterwards we still had some time before we needed to get back to the babysitter so we went to a furniture store to look at rugs. We are going to tear up the carpet in the living room and paint the walls. We were able to find a 5x7 rug on sale so we decided to buy it. Then we went to Four Queens to get a smoothie and a shake.



The rest of our date will happen tonight. We are going to go on a Light up the Night bike ride in Cedar Falls. It is a 8.8 mile bike ride with glow sticks along the path. We had to buy lights for our bikes so we can go on it, but I am pretty excited to give it a try. It is going to be a lot of fun.

No comments: