Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Big Goals

This morning I was looking through my journal and found an interesting entry.  It was written May 31, 2011, and I would like to share it. Although this is a similar post to the last one.


"I've been reading a book on my Kindle called The Simple Dollar, a budgeting book. The chapter I most recently finished was about the importance of having written down goals. Things you can measure and see the finished result.

One thing that was very interesting to me was that we need to have BIG goals. He said if we have normal easily-achievable goals we will only do a half-hearted effort. But if we have MAJOR goals then we will know we need to put in MAJOR EFFORT. It is an intriguing idea.

Before in my weight loss goals I had the goal to get to 160 pounds and ultimately to 150 pounds. I got very close to 160 before I became pregnant with Noelle.

I think he is saying I need to make it my goal to weigh 150 pounds. Then rather than have my small goal be 160 lbs, make my small goals be about exercising, and diet. Those goals will help me reach 150 rather than having a stopping point at 160 like before."



On May 11 2011 I weight 196 pounds before giving birth to Noelle. On January 16, 2012 when I started my new diet and exercise program I weighed 183 pounds. (I checked my journal to make sure.)

Today, six months later, July 17 2012 I have reached my goal and weigh 150 pounds.


I am so glad that I made the mental change for a big goal. Who would have thought that a budgeting book would help me lose weight. I have realized that everything is related. I need to have good mental health, spiritual health, financial health and physical health to be the best possible person that I can.


I already wrote about my previous goal, but I am going to say it again.  I now have a goal to reach 140 pounds so that I am no longer in the 'overweight' category.  It took me 6 months to lose 33 pounds, and my goal is to get to 140 before Christmas, but maybe it will happen sooner.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That is so awesome! Congrats. Makes me want to make some big goals and read that book:)

jej said...

So proud of you!! :) You are an inspiration to us!