Monday, June 4, 2012

Lifetime Wellness Challenge

Since the beginning of this year I have been waffling on whether or not I should join a Lifetime Wellness Challenge. Some of my friends in the ward were doing. I decided not to do it twice before. My friend Charity asked me again if I wanted to join her group and I decided to do it this time.

This challenge will last 8 weeks. I was nervous about accepting the challenge since I will be vacationing for 2 of those weeks. It is always hard to eat right and exercise when you are away from your own home. But I am going to do it. 

The challenge is pretty basic, and luckily I already do most of the requirements. Each day I need to drink 64 oz. of water and eat 5 servings of fruit/vegetables. I need to exercise either 30 minutes or 45 minutes. I will need to stop eating by 9pm and only have sweets one day each week. 

Each week I will be given a bonus challenge to complete. This week I have to take a "Before" picture of myself. (I haven't done it yet...maybe I will post it here.  We shall see.)  There are some more parts to this weeks bonus challenge, mostly about making goals. 


I am excited for this. I have been working hard to lose weight and I am very close to my goal. I am the lowest weight I have been in years...since before Eli was born. I am actually considering modifying my ultimate weight loss goal to something lower, I think I can reach it. 

It has been really nice to get healthier and to have more energy. It isn't easy. But it is worth it. 


2 comments:

Melinda said...

You can do it! That's awesome that you are reaching your goals for a healthier you.

Krista said...

I am so glad that you are doing this with us. I know you can do it because you really were doing it before...right along side me, and I appreciate that support! You are looking hot!