Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I Ran a Mile

Part of my Wellness challenge was a fitness test that involved a one-mile run. The last time I ran a mile was probably in high school 12 years ago.

Anyway, some of the other ladies in the challenge wanted to meet and run "together" and I was all for that.

So today I rode my bike to West High School and did my first 1-mile run in ages. I was hoping to do it in about 12 minutes. I remember in high school you had to get under 12 minutes to pass something. (I didn't make it then.)

Today I did. I ran the mile in 11 minutes 15 seconds. I was really proud of myself because I jogged the first two laps without stopping to walk once. I want to run again sometime so that I can improve my time and my ability.

While I was jogging I just kept telling myself, you can do this, your body can go farther. That is one thing I have learned through my exercise programs...the body is an amazing thing and CAN actually do some really difficult things. I wish I had really learned and understood that fact before. I can ride my bike for 57 miles. I can run 1/2 mile without walking and maybe soon I will run a mile without walking. Step by step I am going to become a healthier person.

1 comment:

Krista said...

You Rock! You have such an awesome attitude about your health and your body. Keep it up!