Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Good Day

Today has been a really good day. Actually, there were a few moments when  I wondered how we were going to make it through, but those have passed and now I am feeling really positive about life, the universe and everything.

I think most of my negativity comes from feeding Noelle. Lately she has not been eating well. Plus she is spitting and getting food all over her and all over me. I know it is just a phase and I need to just deal with it. I know (or at least hope) that she is not spitting peas at me on purpose and that she has no malicious intent. I don't want to feed her only fruits, I always offer her veggie's or a main dish first but she doesn't seem to want them. She also doesn't like anything with chunks yet. She wants her baby food as smooth as possible.
Its a work in progress.

I think that one of the reasons I feel good today is that my house is mostly clean. I made a promise with myself this morning that I wouldn't let the boys use any electronic entertainment after school until their bedroom was clean. It took them about forty minutes of playing to realize I was serious but then they cleaned it up pretty well.

While they were cleaning their room I got the dishes done and then I pulled out the vacuum. I vacuumed the office and living room and then pulled up the grates and started cleaning them out. It felt so nice to get all of the dust and crumbs out of my house.

Also, I don't have to cook dinner tonight. We are going to be having leftover Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder. I did, sort of, make bread. It was a sourdough artisen bread that I just had to pull out of the fridge and stick on a pan to bake it. So good food without a lot of hassle.

Finally, the sun came out this afternoon. This morning seemed a little hazy and gray but the clouds went away. I always feel so much better when I have sunlight coming through my windows.

No comments: