Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Healing

Thursday night I noticed that my back was hurting a little bit. It continued to hurt Friday, but like a busy mom I just worked through it. Morgan gave me a massage Friday night but Saturday it still hurt.

We were heading to Ames to visit Pete and Emily and right before we went my lower back just kept hurting worse and worse. I tried carrying some bags out to the van but had to drop them.  I was able to force myself to walk to the van, but it was very painful and very difficult.

Once we got to Ames Morgan helped me get inside P&E's, then I spent our visit just sitting and having Morgan hand Noelle to me, I couldn't lift her up.  Getting back into the van was even worse on the way home.

We called a chiropractor friend Saturday night and he met us at his office to give my back an adjustment. It hurt like crazy. There was no way I could go to church the next day so we all stayed home. I was doing a little better Sunday evening, but I was still in a lot of constant pain.

Morgan called his parents Sunday afternoon and Shari very willingly agreed to come to Waterloo to help take care of me and the kids. She has been a lifesaver.

I have been to the chiropractor twice more and each time I had a lot less pain. Now I am walking around pretty well, though I haven't tried any big distances yet.  I can pick up and hold Noelle for a little while, but still need to try doing it with the car seat.

I am taking things easy and just trying to get my back to heal quickly and completely. I have also received a lot of love and support from friends, and that means the world to me.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

I'm so glad to hear you are on the mend! That just sounded so awful :( ps I love the pictures of your earlier post!