Thursday, February 4, 2010

House Hunting

Morgan and I are officially looking for a home to buy. We have been checking online and reading the different House for Sale magazines, plus the listings in the newspapers. Today, however, I went out with our Realtor to look at houses.

It is A LOT different to see in person than the blurbs online. For instance we looked at five houses today, one I always loved when I saw it online, when I got there in person I realized the kitchen was MUCH too small. There would be no way for our table and chairs to be in the kitchen and to open the fridge.

Another house was one that we had thought about putting on our list and decided against it because of the location. However I really liked this house. I can understand now going into a house and saying I like this house...I could live here. Morgan and I are going to check it out again tomorrow (and taking the kids). We'll see. We will still have a lot of praying to do when it comes to our final decision. So wish us luck!

8 comments:

Melinda said...

How exciting! Good luck in your search! We are happpy for your guys.

PetEm said...

I'm so excited for you. Happy Hunting!

Jamie Ortega said...

Good luck hunting! Take your time. Remember in a few months lots more houses will be put on the market.

Stephanie said...

We're looking, too. Part fun and exciting, part freaking me out. It's a healthy balance... Good luck!!

Laurie said...

How exciting to be looking at a house. Can't wait to see where it all ends. Love ya, mom

Hartson family said...

Happy to watch the boys anytime you want to check out a listing. Just give me a ring! :)

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

We are house hunting too and I am just not really enjoying it! We bought our condo in Iowa in 2 days but now that we are looking for a "real" home - not a student home - I feel much more pressure to check out everything (schools, neighbors, proximity to church, stores, etc). And the thought of spending so much money on a home just doesn't sound fun!
I hope you have more fun than I am having!

Street Fam said...

We know how you feel. The process is fun and stressful. Good luck deciding!