Friday, July 15, 2016

My 34th Birthday!

I always look forward to my birthday. I love the excuse to make fancy cakes. This year I tried a Tres Leches cake. The first one (yes, I made two) I made with Splenda and it just didn't turn out quite right. It tasted fine, but the texture was off.

We ate the first birthday cake in the morning with the kids. (I was having a party later in the evening with friends.)


Eli and Josh lit the candles.



Noelle and Jet helped me blow them out. Or they tried at least. They did not know that I had bought trick candles and were confused when they kept flaming back up again. :)

Later that day I made a second Tres Leches cake with real sugar and it turned out much better.


My birthday present from Morgan was a KAYAK!  We actually bought it just over a week after my birthday because we wanted to try some out first. A local outdoors shop, Crawdaddies, does free Demo Days. We went up to Waverly on Saturday the 9th and found the right kayak for me.


I also got a haircut that morning, so I love the way it looks in the above picture.




Monday night our Family Home Evening activity was kayaking. We stayed out for about an hour, letting everyone have a turn.















No comments: