Monday, March 12, 2012

It's About The Love

I have come up with a new motto I want to live by, "It's About the Love."

I was speaking with a friend of mine. Her son and daughter-in-law live with them now and just had a new baby.  I asked if anyone had brought meals over and she said they hadn't...they didn't need any meals. This was true, there were four adults in the home beside the new mother. I told Lucinda that it wasn't about the food, that it was about the love and that I would call Heidi and bring a meal to them that week.

I realized that it is important for me to do things so that others can feel love. It doesn't matter if they need something per se, but whether it will help them feel love. I need to be less selfish and do more good things for other people. So I have taken my new motto and I'm going to run with it.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

Great motto :) It think it is so important to give love freely to those around us. You never know what they are really going through behind the smiles and "We're Ok" comments. Thanks for the insight and inspiration :)