Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rug Making

I decided to try and make a rug for Noelle's room. I bought some fun fleece fabric that I am going to use. I had never made a rug before and wanted to make a practice one first to make sure I knew what I was doing.

Below is my first try. It isn't very big, I gave up on it quickly when I saw that it was turning into a bowl, or basket rather than a rug. I knew I needed to try something different.



My first rug.

Below is my second attempt. I decided to try and do a rectangle. After all, how hard can it be to do straight rows....apparently very difficult for me. I think I lost some stitches and made it tighter as I went. This was not going to work. (Although the fabrics are pretty, right?)

No more messing around. My mom had a pattern that she got from the Aunt Philly Toothbrush Rug website. She sent me the pattern as well as the 'official' tool. (I had been using a large safety pin.)

The result...pure awesomeness.
I really love my final rug. It was hard getting started, but once I got the beginning part done with everything went really well. The pattern wasn't perfectly clear, but clear enough that I could figure out how to make this work for me.

Now I just need to decide how large of a rug I will be making for Noelle's room and get started on it. It is so fun to create something and learn something new.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

That looks so great! I'm so impressed that you made that!!