Saturday, June 18, 2011

Reviews

How Do You Know starring Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd, Owen Wilson and Jack Nicholson

I LOVED this movie! I don't remember hearing about it before, but I was at the library Thursday night and knew I didn't have a Netflix movie so I stopped by the new release section and picked this one up.
It was so funny. There were several times when I laughed out loud - not something I do often in films. It was just really great. Morgan mentioned that there was no one that you hated during the film. Anyway, I think I would put this on my To Own list.


Roasting in Hell's Kitchen by Gordon Ramsey

This was a really good read. I always wanted to know what happened next. He does swear in the book, but if you have ever heard of Ramsey that is not surprising. What was surprising was how he came started out with virtually nothing and made a success of himself. He has had difficulty in his life and it is nice to realize that everyone is human.


A Town Like Alice by Nevile Shute

This book had a slow beginning. I had to read about 80 pages before I was really interested. But once I got to that point I couldn't put the book down. I LOVED this story. It is one that I would love to see made into a movie. It also says a lot about what the difference that one woman can make in the world.
I would recommend this book to anyone.


Battlestar Galactica the TV series

Morgan and I watched this series on our Netflix instant queue. It was a fun show that we loved. Now that we are done with it our evenings are finally free. This is a good sci-fi drama.

No comments: