Monday, September 6, 2010

Kid-Free Weekend

Saturday morning Shannon took the boys with her to Cedar Rapids and then on to Chillicothe to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

So with our free time we ran some errands, birthday shopping for Josh, and a trip to Lowe's. It is so fun to go shopping without little kids wanting to touch everything. I wanted to go browse through many stores, we had other things to do.

We ended up going on a 3+ bike ride (one way) to our friend's, the Evans' house and helped them paint their basement. After we made it home we mowed the lawn and Morgan used our new edger to clean up the sidewalk areas a little bit. After a shower and dinner we headed back to the Evans and listen to the BYU football came on KSlradio.com and played some ticket to ride. It was a great evening.

Sunday we went to church without our boys and didn't have Eli dragging one of us to bear testimony with him. I taught the Primary Sharing time lesson and had a really good lesson. Junior primary went well, and Senior primary was amazing, the kids really discussed our lesson and the Spirit could be felt. (That is not always the case!)

After church we went to a house warming party for one of the attorney's at Morgans firm and had a really good time visiting with everyone and just relaxing. Afterwards we made our trip down to Chillicothe and Monday has been spent relaxing with family and having a little birthday party for Josh. I'll do another post on that later.

3 comments:

bethellen said...

"Go Shannon!" is Wade's response to this post. I was wondering where the boys had gone (I saw that you had a kid-free weekend from FB status updates) and figured that something nice like that had happened. I love my nephews, don't get me wrong, but I'm sure it was nice to have a couple of days without them.... Love you! Oh, and happy birthday to Josh! I'm so sorry I missed it! I'm so forgetful!

Rachelle said...

Wow! Sounds like fun - and you accomplished a lot!

Jamie Ortega said...

Wow I wish we had a kid free weekend! I thought it was funny how my mentioned Not having to be dragged up to bear your testimony. Well Isaac drug Reuben up and Bella had a fit that she couldn't go up too so I ended up with her, bearing hers and my testimony.