Friday, June 18, 2010

Mice

We love our new home, we got lots of left-overs with it. One thing that was left over that we didn't like too much...MICE.

We discovered mice after they ate through 30 pounds of flour and several bags of beans. Not a happy day when I had to make bread and was all out upstairs. Now I know, don't leave any bagged food downstairs.

Anyway, Morgan put out the mousetraps and the first morning we caught a big mouse. Morgan thought it was the biggest he had ever seen. Two days later we catch the mate. The following day Morgan finds a little baby on the floor. Another two days, and two more babies make it out of where ever their nest was and are found on the floor.

I was more than happy to have the big mice dead and out of here, but I did feel bad for the poor little babies. It's not their fault that their parents did not stay outside like they're supposed too. Shannon reminded me that mice are dirty and disgusting, and she's right. I just feel bad for the babies.

But on the bright side, I think we've caught all the mice!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Yuck! I hate mice! We had some when we first moved in as well. I hope you have gotten rid of all of them.

Stephanie said...

I feel for you Melissa. I trapped a wasp under a glass this week and waited for it to die. Didn't want the thing in here, but I felt kinda like a murderer. Glad we don't have mice (knock on wood!) or I'd cry if we had to kill 'em.

Jamie Ortega said...

Oh I hate mice, but I also think they are so cute, but the last thing I want in my house. I hope you caught them all.

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Yuck! I hope you caught them all. I would not want to be catching any record breaking mice living in my basement.
We do seem to find lots of bugs in our new house and it really bothers Lauren. Most are outside in the gardens but still, it really bothers Lauren and she keeps asking why this house has so many bugs. She considers a fly a bug though.