Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The First Post

So my previous website has been down for almost a month and I am tired of not being able to post. Morgan has been after me to just switch to blogger but I have been hesitant. Well, no longer. Life is to exciting to not share with the world. At least there is usually one or two exciting or funny things that happen in a week that I want to share with people so they think that my whole life is exciting when really it is a lot of the same.

I don't know if that made sense or not. Anyway, here is a list of the things I wish could have posted in the last month.
  • We moved from Coralville, IA to Waterloo, IA
  • We have a lovely duplex with a decent yard and room for visitors. (COME!)
  • Eli turned 2 years old. He loves his new basketball hoop.
  • Sam & Amber had a great reception in Chillicothe celebrating their marriage.
  • I now use a clothesline to dry some of my clothes. It makes me feel very pioneer-y.
  • Morgan is coming home today from Des Moines after taking the Iowa State Bar Exam!
  • A lot of funny/silly things happened but I don't remember them anymore.
So this is my new blog. Can anyone tell me how to change the background into one of the beautiful ones that I see floating around the internet? What is the secret?

7 comments:

Ann-Marie Photography said...

hey there...welcome to blogger!!! the background is something I'm not big into (hence my plain black one I've been sporting since I started two years ago....) but if you google blogger back grounds you can find some really great sights and then you just have to replace it in your HTML....good luck with that..which is why I knew how once, and have since forgot and therefore my background is black. Keep posting..I'll be reading

bethellen said...

Yeah! Welcome to the blogspot world! I'm so excited to see you here! That's a lot of exclamation marks!
Sorry, I got carried away. So if you want to change backgrounds, sign in, customize (it's at the top of the page), hit the layout tab, and from there you can change fonts, the layout, and put in a template if you want.
Anyway, I hope this helps. I'm excited to read your blog. Love you bunches!!!

palmer clan said...

Hey, welcome to blogland!! We love to keep posted on everyone's lives. If you go to my blog there is a link at the top left corner. It takes you to a site where you can get free blog backgrounds. We look forward to your future blogs.

Jessica Sorensen said...

on my blog jess-jaredsorensen.blogspot.com I have some links to people who make blog background and they tell you how to change it or you can make your own using photoshop or something similar and thecutestblogontheblock.com has a tutorial to tell you how to do that.

Bob said...

Hey MELLISA,
NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU AND I AM GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU HAVE A BLOG SO WE CAN KEEP UP ON YOU - MORGAN AND FAMILY. I MISS SEEING YOU - I HOPE MOGAN DID WELL ON HIS BAR EXAM. PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED. ARE YOU ALL COMING OUT TO UTAH WHEN JACOB COMES HOME? IF YOU DO PLEASE CALL - 801-319-9957 BOB OR LOUISE 801-369-2241
LOVE YA,
BOB

Stephanie Green said...

We miss you guys. We'll look forward to keeping in touch with your blog!
We pray Morgan passes the bar! I bet you guys are glad it is over! We can relate :)

Jessica Sorensen said...

your newer post don't have a place to comment. I was just going to let you know that Addi and I will be coming up to waterloo in a week or so to see the jolley's new baby and I hear you live by them so we will come visit you too.